If you live in a home that cannot handle installation of ductwork, or a rental property, you have two options for home cooling to choose from:
- Ductless mini-split AC systems
- Window AC units
Which one is the right solution for you?
There are many facts that you should know before making the choice between ductless mini-split AC systems and window AC units. The following information can help you make the best decision for your home cooling needs.
Facts you need to know about window AC units:
- Less expensive than ductless AC systems
- Lower natural light in your home as they occupy a window
- Reduce curb appeal from the outside and are unsightly inside a home
- Easy to install
- Much noisier than other AC solutions
- Placed in an open window means more concern about home security and break-ins
Facts you need to know about ductless mini-split AC systems:
- More expensive than window units but long-term energy savings offset initial costs
- Must be installed by qualified AC technicians
- Can cool multiple rooms with options to cool even more
- More pleasing to the eye inside and outside the home
- Easy to use remote control functionality
- Much quieter than window AC units
- Because they’re not installed in a window, home security isn’t a concern
If this information has helped you choose ductless mini-split AC system for your home, give us a call! Our team can help with all of your ductless mini-split AC system installation, tune-up, service and repair needs.
Contact us today to learn more!